Broc Raiford runs down his fresh Sunday Soundwave setup that he built up at the start of the year when he joined the team. Signature Broc products are in the works…
In case you missed it, make sure to watch Broc’s welcome video.
Frame: Sunday Soundwave v3
Fork: Sunday Nightshift
Handlebar: Odyssey Lumberjack XXL
Stem: Odyssey BROC v2
Headset: Odyssey Pro Conical
Grips: Odyssey Broc Raiford
Seat: Sunday Duck Canvas
Seat Post: Odyssey Tripod
Crank: Odyssey Thunderbolt, 170mm
Bottom Bracket: Odyssey, 22mm Mid
Chainwheel: Odyssey La Guardia, 28t
Pedals: Odyssey Twisted Pro
Front Tire:Odyssey Aitken
Front Hub:Odyssey Vandero Pro
Rear Tire: Odyssey BROC, 2.4″
Rear Hub: Odyssey Clutch v2 Freecoaster, 9t
Rims: Odyssey Hazard Lite
Pegs: Odyssey Graduate, 4.75″
Broc Raiford rides the Soundwave
Now available in Army Green.
- 41 Thermal Processed (Lifetime Warranty): Sunday is the only company to use Odyssey’s proven and trusted 41 Thermal heat treating. This formula has been refined and improved since the late 90’s. The proven 41 Thermal process allows the products to be lightweight AND strong. It is also backed by a legendary lifetime warranty against bending, cracking, and breaking.
- 100% 4130 Chromoly Frame
- Butted Seat Tube & Miter Cut Top Tube: The seat tube is where all three triangles of the frame meet and it is crucial to keep this tube strong.
- Boxed Chainstays: We’ve updated the chain stays with a “boxed” tube shape that helps fight denting. The new shape enables the frame to have a shorter rear end as well providing clearance for larger sized rear tires. It’s not uncommon to see 2.35″ – 2.40″ tires in the rear on a Soundwave.
- Wave Top Tube: Top tube dents will significantly weaken the front end of your bike, thus shortening it’s life. The double-butted, 1.375″ diameter top tube with proven Wave shaping helps fight denting.
- Wave Down Tube: Down tube dents are common with the competitor’s frames and they significantly weaken the front end of your bike. The double-butted, 1.45″ diameter down-tube feature Sunday’s proven Wave shaping to fight denting against contact made from a rail, ledge, coping and whatever else happens to get thrown at it.
- Tapered Chain & Seat Stays: Both chain and seat stays taper to provide a refined and clean look to the frame while still providing strength. The are both angled on the inside for improved chain clearance and weight savings.
- Post Weld Machining: The Mid BB and Headtube is machined to its absolute minimum without sacrificing strength or durability. The machining happens after welding for a precision bearing fit.
- Integrated Head Tube: The integrated headtube is machined to its absolute minimum without sacrificing strength and durability. The machining happens after welding for a precision bearing fit.
- Hollow Dropouts with Chain Tensioners: Hollow 8mm wide dropouts are as light as a solid 5mm dropout, but over twice as strong. There is a small internal chain tensioner to hold the wheel in place as well as simplify wheel removal.
- Director Wishbone: Slimmed-down Director style wishbone is lighter and significantly stronger than previous versions.
- Removable Brake Hardware: Refined removable brake mounts and cable channel improvements that provides benefits with or without a brake setup.
- Rust Proof Coating: All Sunday frames are rust-proofed with “Black Magic” coating before the final finish is applied. It is lightweight and the best anti-corrosion processing that’s offered today.